Thursday, January 8, 2009

DEFINE EMO

Thursday, January 8, 2009
On my blog site, you will find a collection of ideas and discussions I have encountered over the net, with peers, and some are my thoughts and ideas. I want to make very clear, not all of the opinions on these blogs I agree with. I find it enlightening to discuss topics that may seem controversial or risky to approach. If you are ready, I'm ready.......


What is EMO?

"Normally a 15-17 year old teenager. Considers themselves to be much more in touch with their emotions than anyone else; whereas they really just feel sorry for themselves. Most emo's will claim to be depressed, or simply misunderstood. They think they are unique, and fail to realise that they actually look like half the teenage population of south England. You can recognise an emo by looking for these general characteristics: SKINNY JEANS (both boys and girls) The tighter the better. If an emo can hardly walk because of their jeans, then they've reached optimum emo status. STRIPEY JUMPERS. Normally black and grey. If you're a boy, this should again be worn as tightly as possible. Breathing comfortably is a luxury you may have to sacrifice. TATTY CONVERSE. Usually drawn on, as most emo's regard themselves as artists. BLACK LONG HAIR COVERING ONE SIDE OF YOUR FACE. Vision can be compromised for style as an emo. Try and make it as greasy as possible. Finally, emo's MUST look down on everyone else, accuse them of being uncreative, judgemental, and the sole cause of their 'depression'. If you're a hardcore emo you'll cut yourself occasionally. If you're not, then you at least have to pretend you do."


Do you find this stereotypical? Would you agree more with this definition?


What is Emo?

"Genre of soft core punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year old who don't smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 th's of the face at an angle. "
I don't really know what Emo is.
I am just as confused as the next person. I do feel that they are made fun of frequently and that they are looked down upon. I have never really heard anyone say anything good about Emo. I will leave you with this video that gives a parody of what the world defines Emo as...........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I can't believe how insain this is. It's so awesome to see such a controversy!

Anonymous said...

I agree, The video was crazy! You should make sure you watch the video. Nice blog tho!!!

Post a Comment

Make your comments below.

 
Defining Our World © 2008. Design by Pocket